- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Banana Waffles Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Mashed banana||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 Banana)|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 665 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 115.6 mg
Sodium 833.9 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 50.4% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the waffle baker.
2. In a large basin, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the sugar
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil and banana till blended.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients, a little at a time, to make a smooth batter.
5. Ladle batter onto preheated waffle baker.
6. Bake till brown, about 5 minutes.
7. Repeat with remaining batter.
8. Serve waffles with maple syrup, honey, preserves or fresh fruits for breakfast.
9. For a dessert, you can serve waffles with ice cream, chocolate sauce and nuts if you like.