- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Suzette Recipe
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Butter||1 Ounce (For Making The Suzettes)|
|For new england sauce|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.8 mg
Sodium 57.1 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 62.8 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the sauce for serving with the Suzettes, combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and stir till the sugar dissolves.
2. Place on a low heat and simmer for 50 minutes, stirring frequently, until transparent and thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
3. Cut the banana into ¼ inch thick slices.
4. In a clean dry bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add flour.
6. To it add and blend in the egg yolks.
7. Add and blend in the cream.
8. Add and gently stir in the banana slices.
9. Gently fold in the stiff egg whites.
10. Heat a frying pan and grease it with butter.
11. Ladle the batter into pancakes, the size of a silver dollar, and brown on both sides.
12. Remove onto a platter lined with paper toweling.
13. Serve the Suzettes warm with the sauce.