- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Soup with Rum Aspic Recipe
|Dark rum||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Lemon juice||6 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mint sprigs||2 (Few For Garnish)|
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g86.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 18.3 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 25.3%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, heat the rum and sugar over a medium- low heat.
2) Stir in the gelatin until dissolved.
3) In a shallow dish, pour the rum mixture and refrigerate until firm.
4) Peel and slice the bananas into 1/4 inch thick slices and toss gently with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
5) In a medium saucepan, combine the bananas, water and coconut milk and bring to a boil over a medium-high heat.
6) Then simmer over a low heat for 1 minute. The bananas should still be firm and not pulpy.
7) Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and reserve bananas.
8) Return the liquid back into the saucepan and stir in the shredded coconut.
9) Bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for 1 minute.
10) Strain the liquid and discard the coconut. Allow the soup to cool, then refrigerate until chilled.
11) Chop the rum aspic finely and toss with rest of the 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
12) In 4 shallow wide soup bowls, arrange the bananas overlapping in a tight circle in the center.
13) Surround the bananas with the soup and spoon the aspic in the center of the circle.
14) Garnish the Banana Soup with Rum Aspic with a few mint sprigs and serve immediately.