- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Nut Squares Recipe
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Unsifted)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ripe banana||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Real mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3388 Calories from Fat 1421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 157 g241.1%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.8 mg34.9%
Sodium 3281.2 mg136.7%
Total Carbohydrates 456 g151.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.8%
Sugars 231.5 g
Protein 44 g87.2%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 67.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
3. Sift flour with baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar and keep aside.
4. In a bowl, combine the bananas, mayonnaise, water and vanilla.
5. Blend at medium speed using an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
6. Add dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes.
7. Stir in nuts.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake immediately in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
10. Remove cake pan from the oven and let the cake cool
11. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold, plain or accompanied by whipped cream flavored with a little vanilla or rum and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar if you like.