- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Nut Cake With Rum Butter Frosting Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mashed ripe bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 medium size)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rum butter cream frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
Calories 1074 Calories from Fat 381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.2%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.3 mg
Sodium 712.2 mg29.7%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.2%
Sugars 62.9 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon onto wax paper. Stir buttermilk into mashed bananas in a small bowl.
3. Beat butter or margarine, sugar, and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed, 3 minutes. (Finish mixing cake by hand.)
4. Stir in flour mixture alternately with banana-milk mixture, beating after each addition until batter is smooth. Stir in the 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup of the chopped nuts; pour the cake batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
7. Put layers together with rum butter cream frosting; frost side and top with remaining frosting. Press remaining 1/2 cup chopped nuts on sides of cake. Garnish top of cake with banana slices, if you wish. (Dip slices in orange or pineapple juice to keep them white.)