- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Nut Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Soft margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3276 Calories from Fat 1660
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 192 g295.2%
Saturated Fat 81.2 g406%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 726.8 mg
Sodium 2588.7 mg107.9%
Total Carbohydrates 366 g122%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.7%
Sugars 235.8 g
Protein 47 g93.1%
Vitamin A 83% Vitamin C 36.5%
Calcium 33.8% Iron 63.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl put butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. With electric mixer at high speed, beat 2 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add sour cream, bananas and walnuts. Beat well on low speed. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until batter is well blended.
4. Brush bottom and sides of heated skillet with soft shortening. Sprinkle lightly with flour and brush onto bottom and sides, using a pastry brush.
5. Pour cake batter into skillet. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Open vac-control valve and bake 5 minutes longer or until top of cake is no longer moist.
6. Remove cover and turn off heat. Let cake cool in skillet.
7. Cut in pie shaped wedges and serve with sweetened whipped cream.