- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Nut Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mashed ripe bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter cream frosting||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4472 Calories from Fat 1576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 178 g273.9%
Saturated Fat 68.9 g344.6%
Trans Fat 3.7 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg
Sodium 2962.9 mg123.5%
Total Carbohydrates 658 g219.3%
Dietary Fiber 55.4 g221.5%
Sugars 304.4 g
Protein 81 g161.8%
Vitamin A 66.1% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 132.8% Iron 35.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon onto waxed paper; reserve. Stir the buttermilk into mashed bananas in a small bowl; reserve.
3. Beat butter or margarine, sugar and eggs in large bowl of mixer at high speed 3 minutes. Remove bowl from mixer.
4. Stir in flour mixture alternately with banana-milk mixture, beating after each addition until batter is smooth. Stir in vanilla and 1/4 cup of the chopped nuts; pour batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or till centers spring back when pressed with finger.
6. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
7. Put layers together with Rum Butter-Cream Frosting; frost sides and top with remaining frosting. Press remaining 1/2 cup chopped nuts on side of cake. Garnish top with banana slices, if you wish.