- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Nut Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Orange juice/Pineapple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Banana||1 , sliced|
|For rum butter cream frosting|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7924 Calories from Fat 1932
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 221 g340.1%
Saturated Fat 105.5 g527.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 831.8 mg
Sodium 2830 mg117.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1436 g478.8%
Dietary Fiber 51.7 g206.9%
Sugars 1075.3 g
Protein 85 g169.7%
Vitamin A 114.4% Vitamin C 155.1%
Calcium 145.7% Iron 38.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease two 9X1 1/2-inch layer cake pans and dust with flour.
3) In bowl, soak the banana slices in orange or pineapple juice to retain color.
4) In a bowl, sift together flour, soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
5) In a small bowl and stir buttermilk into mashed bananas, set aside.
6) In a large mixer bowl, beat butter or margarine, sugar, and eggs at high speed 3 minutes.
7) Take the bowl out of bowl from mixer.
8) Add in flour mixture alternately with banana-milk mixture, beating after each addition until batter is smooth.
9) Mix in vanilla and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
10) Transfer the batter into prepared pans.
11) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cakes comes out clean.
12) Place the pan over a wire racks and allow to cool the layers for 10 minutes.
13) To make the Rum Butter Cream Frosting, in a bowl, beat butter or margarine until soft. While still beating, add sugar alternately with rum extract and milk until creamy-smooth.
14) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out onto wire rack.
15) Allow to cool completely.
16) Place the cake in layers on a serving plate, with rum butter filling in middle.
17) Smear the remaining frosting over the top and on sides
18) Stick the remaining chopped nuts on side of cake.
19) Garnish with banana slices and serve.