- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Nut Bread Recipe
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Low sodium low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter/Corn oil margarine||6 Tablespoon|
|Fructose||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unbleached white flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Low-sodium baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Bananas||3 Medium, mashed to make 1 cup|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2783 Calories from Fat 958
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.2%
Saturated Fat 53.1 g265.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 616.5 mg
Sodium 250.2 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 414 g138.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.2%
Sugars 86.7 g
Protein 54 g107.4%
Vitamin A 58.7% Vitamin C 51.9%
Calcium 103% Iron 99%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) On a cookie sheet, place the chopped walnuts.
3) Heat in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the walnuts turn golden brown. Do not burn the walnuts. Keep them aside and let the oven be on.
4) In a bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice. Mix and keep aside.
5) In another bowl, cream together the butter or margarine along with fructose.
6) To this, mix in the eggs, vanilla extract and the milk-lemon juice mixture.
7) In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
8) Gradually add the liquid ingredients, mixing well.
9) To this, add the mashed bananas and toasted walnuts. Mix well.
10) Into a greased and floured 9X5X3-inch loaf pan, transfer this mixture and bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until done.
11) Remove the bread from the oven.
12) Place on its side for 5 minutes.
13) Turn out of the pan to a rack and let cool to room temperature.
14) Now, wrap the bread in foil or put in a sealed plastic bag and refrigerate for 2 days, before serving. This helps in improving the flavor.
15) Slice and serve, as desired.