- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Mocha Cake Recipe
|Instant coffee granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Mashed bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Large Pieces)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Confectioners sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 861 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.1%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.8 mg
Sodium 612.3 mg25.5%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.6%
Sugars 78 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.1% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Take a small bowl, add coffee to mashed bananas and blend thoroughly.
3. Take a 9 inch square baking pan, add flour, cornstarch, sugar, soda, salt and cocoa and mix well. Using a fork, stir thoroughly. Add the banana mixture along with egg, vinegar, vanilla and oil to the mid of the mixture. Using a fork stir the ingredients till thoroughly blend.
4. Bake for half an hour, take out and allow to cool thoroughly.
5. To prepare the Silky Mocha Frosting, blend butter, cocoa, coffee, and sugar thoroughly. Add vanilla and milk and beat to a smooth mixture.
6. Use to frost the cooled cake.
7. Slice and serve.