- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Leaf Vegetable Curry Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped yellow onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Best Quality)|
|Carrots||6 Medium, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch lengths|
|Idaho potatoes||3 , peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice|
|Cauliflower||1 Medium, trimmed and cut into small florets|
|Homemade vegetable broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Cinnamon stick||3 Inch|
|Canned chickpeas||19 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Garbanzo Beans)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seeded diced plum tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley/Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked long grain white rice||4 Cup (64 tbs) (1 1/4 Cups Dry)|
|Toasted coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Garnish)|
Calories 1244 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1125.9 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 247 g82.2%
Dietary Fiber 31.6 g126.4%
Sugars 35.6 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 329.8% Vitamin C 288.8%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 46.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Stir in the onion and cook for 8-10 minutes until wilted.
3. Add garlic and cook with constant stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Sprinkle curry powder and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
5. Stir constantly to mellow down the flavors.
6. Add carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, broth, honey, and cinnamon stick.
7. Bring the pot to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer.
8. Cook uncovered for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
9. Stir in the chickpeas and raisins.
10. Simmer for another 15 minutes with occasional stirring.
11. By the end of cooking, the raisins should be plumped.
12. Few minutes before serving, stir in the tomatoes and parsley.
13. Heat for 1-2 minutes heat through.
14. Serve on a banana leaf over rice.
15. Garnish with toasted coconut.