- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Flan Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring/Rum extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1262 Calories from Fat 363
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62.1%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1102.6 mg
Sodium 536.4 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 155.6 g
Protein 50 g99.1%
Vitamin A 36.6% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 66.7% Iron 31.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Scald milk with instant coffee in a small saucepan; stir very slowly into egg mixture.
3. Pour into a well-buttered, 5-cup flan pan or an 8x1 1/2-inch round layer-cake pan. Set in a large baking pan on oven shelf; pour boiling water into pan to depth of about 1/2 inch.
4. Bake in slow oven (325°) 30 minutes, or until center is almost set but still soft. (Do not overbake; flan will set as it cools.) Remove at once from pan of water; cool on a wire rack; chill.
5. When ready to serve, loosen the flan around edge with a knife, then place in a pan of hot water for several minutes. Cover the flan with a serving plate; invert both; remove pan.
6. Peel bananas; slice diagonally; arrange slices in rosette design on top of flan; drizzle with several tablespoonfuls of Golden Sparkle Sauce. Cut wedges; serve with additional sauce.