- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Dessert Recipe
|Lemon jelly||3 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Thick cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cherries||4 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 678 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.7 mg
Sodium 294.2 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 73.6 g
Protein 19 g37.6%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 67.4%
Calcium 6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut bananas into thin slices.
3. Dip each slice into the liquid jelly and place in the bottom and sides of the mould overlapping them neatly.
4. Leave to set firmly.
5. Cover with a thick coating of jelly and again leave to set.
6. Dissolve the gelatin in a little hot water add the sherry.
7. Mash the remaining bananas to give 2 tbsp of puree and mix with the gelatin mixture along with the lemon juice and a little grated lemon rind and sugar.
8. Whip the cream and fold into banana mixture.
9. Pour into the prepared mould.
10. When well set, turn out and decorate with chopped jelly and cherries.