- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Cranberry Quick Bread Recipe Video
|Banana||1 Large, mash|
|Tea/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried cranberry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jam||1 Tablespoon (raspberry and apricot preserve)|
|All purpose/Whole wheat||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 205.1 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash banana with potato masher.
3. Add egg, tea and peanut oil in it. Mix.
4. Throw cranberries, jam, and honey. Mix and set it aside.
5. In the meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, add flour, wheat germ, and flax seed.
6. Drop baking soda, and baking powder in the bowl. Mix well.
7. Pour egg mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Whisk to incorporate.
8. Pour little water or yogurt if you find you batter too dry. Mix well.
9. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, and pour batter in it.
10. Pop it in oven, and bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick when inserted in middle comes out clean.
11. Allow it to sit in oven for 10 minutes,
12. Then, place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
13. Cut in slices and serve with a cup of hot milk.
If you find the batter too dry add milk, water or tea in it.