- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe banana||1 , mashed to make 1/2 cup|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nut topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 908 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.9%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.1%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 108.6 mg
Sodium 984.3 mg41%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g36.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 66.4 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine shortening, milk, egg, banana and sugar. Mix well.
2) Gradually add flour, nuts, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir until the flour is moistened.
3) Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
4) Sprinkle nut topping on the mix.
5) Cook on high power for 9 to 11 minutes.
5) Let it remain covered in the oven for 10 minutes.
6) Store, covered, until ready to serve.