- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ripe bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, unsalted|
|Maple syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.4 mg
Sodium 117.7 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large bowl and mix together dry ingredients in it.
2) In a separate bowl, blend together milk, sugar, 2 tablespoons of oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
3) Stir this with the dry ingredients until the mixture is almost smooth.
4) Add in bananas and keep aside the batter for 20 minutes, loosely covered.
5) In a small ramekin, mix together melted butter with the remaining tablespoon oil.
6) In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, heat a scant teaspoon of the butter and oil mixture and pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
7) Cook the pancake for about 1 minute until small bubbles form on the top.
8) Toss over the pancake and then cook for 30 to 45 seconds more.
9) Make more pancakes with rest of the batter, adding in more of the butter and oil mixture, if necessary.
10) For the Butter Rum Sauce, take a small saucepan and mix together all ingredients in it.
11) Heat the mixture over moderate heat until butter melts.
12) Serve the pancakes warm at once with butter rum sauce.