- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Bread Recipe Video
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, well beaten|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||3 Medium, mashed|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 692 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.1%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 415.5 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 57.1 g
Protein 11 g22.5%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 5% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. In a bowl, place together flour and baking soda and stir well with fork.
3. In a bowl, place sugar and oil, and using a hand blender cream well until mixed.
4. Add in the eggs and salt, and beat well until mixed.
5. Add the buttermilk and sugar mixture into the flour mixture and mix well until smooth and set aside.
6. Add in the bananas and nuts and fold lightly to mix.
7. In 2 greased loaf pans, divide the batter evenly.
8. Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and golden brown on top.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly for 10 minutes.
10. On a wire rack, loosen the sides with a knife and turn over the loaf tin and allow the bread to cool completely.
11. Slice and serve as desired.