- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Bran Breakfast Bread Recipe Video
|For the dry ingredients|
|Wheat bran||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|For the wet ingredients|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Teaspoon, melted (or 5 1/4 tbsp)|
|Bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed (3 small ripe bananas)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.1 mg
Sodium 427.5 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 16% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.Keep it aside.
3. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the bread, and mix until combined.
4. In another bowl, add all the ingredients for the wet mixture, beat well.
5. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture bowl and mix well, until all ingredients have combined properly.
6. In the greased loaf pan, scoop this mixture, smooth the top layer and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until done.
7. After baking remove from the oven and let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and cool it completely.
8. Serve the banana bran breakfast bread with tea or coffee or have it for breakfast with a bowl of favorite cereal.