- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana and Berry Trifle Recipe Video
|Egg yolks||2 , lightly beaten|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Banana||1 , mashed|
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.3 mg
Sodium 73.8 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
2. Slowly stir in the milk and heat it until the it’s hot, but not boiling.
3. Temper the eggs by slowly stirring some of the hot liquid into the eggs to bring them to temperature without cooking them.
4. Then, add the egg/liquid mixture back into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
5. Next stir in the vanilla, butter and the mashed banana.
6. Let the mixture cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients for the trifle.
1. Before compiling your trifle, cut the berries into quarters and cut the angel food cake into bite-size pieces. Once the custard has cooled, you’ll be ready to assemble!
2. Start by layering 1/3 of the cake on the bottom of your trifle bowl. The next layer is 1/3 of the custard and then 1/3 of the berries. Continue this layering 2 more times.
3. Top it with your whip cream and some additional berries for decoration. Serve immediately.
This video is a creation of 2kidscooking. You can visit 2kidscooking for complete recipes, and more videos.