- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana and Marshmallow Melts With Butterscotch Sauce Recipe
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Marshmallows||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light muscovado sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Hot water||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg
Sodium 82.3 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 98.8 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 28.9%
Calcium 2% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the wooden skewers by soaking them in tepid water for 30 minutes.
2. Cut the bananas into 2 inch pieces and add to a bowl, sprinkling immediately with lemon juice to prevent discoloration .
3. On the seasoned skewers, thread the banana pieces alternately with marshmallows, starting and ending with marshmallows. Keep on a platter and keep aside.
4. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and syrup.
5. Place the pan on a medium low flame and heat, stirring until the sugar melts.
6. Simmer the sauce, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly.
7. Transfer the pan onto the barbecue while it is being heated, to keep the sauce warm.
8. Stir occasionally to prevent it from burning.
9. Place the kebabs over the barbecue and grill them for 30-40 seconds, turning constantly, just until caramelized.
10. Place one skewer per dessert plate and spoon the butterscotch sauce over the kabob.
11. Serve immediately.