- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana And Mango Chutney Recipe
|Mangoes||3 Pound (3 Fruit, Each Weighing About 1 Pound)|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||5 Large, sliced|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger/1 tablespoon ground ginger||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2396 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 71.7 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 619 g206.4%
Dietary Fiber 61.6 g246.3%
Sugars 430.9 g
Protein 27 g53.5%
Vitamin A 221.1% Vitamin C 813.1%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 44.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pare the mangoes.
2) Remove the flesh all around the pit and then cut into pieces.
3) Into a large saucepan, put the mangoes and then add the onion, garlic, raisins, bananas and ginger.
4) Mix the sugar and the salt into the vinegar until dissolved.
5) Add in the Tabasco, beginning with 1 teaspoon and mix thoroughly.
6) Ladle the mixture over the fruit and mix well.
7) Allow the mixture and reduce the heat to a simmer.
8) Then cook without lid mixing all the while , for about 2 hours, or until the consistency is thick and the mixture is cooked completely.
9) Allow to cool to room temperature and spoon into sterilized jars, or store in the refrigerator.
10) The chutney will stay for 2 months or more in the refrigerator.
11) Serve as required with snacks or other dishes.