- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana and Ham Fritters Recipe
|Medium ripe bananas||2 Pound, peeled (6 whole, medium size)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cooked ham/1 can, 12 ounce, luncheon meat, ground||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (packaged)|
|Salad oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 112.4 mg37.5%
Sodium 614.6 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 21 g42.7%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium size skillet add 1 inch water and boil.
2. Add salt, pepper and bananas in the ater. Cook over medium heat keeping the skillet covered till the bananas get soft.
3. Drain bananas to remove water and place them back to the skillet. Heat the skillet to dry the bananas. Mash and cool the bananas and get 2 cups of mashed bananas.
For the Filling
4. In a medium size bowl mix ham and milk. Make 8 parts of the mixture.
5. Flatten 1/4 cup mashed banana on wax paper and place the sheet on a 3 1/2 inches round tray. Place the ham in the central place.
6. Fold banana on the ham to cover it well.
7. Roll in the bread crumbs. Dip in beaten eggs and reroll in the crumbs. Shape like an oval croquette of length 4 inches.
8. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture. Keep aside.
9. In a heavy saucepan add salad oil - 2 inches deep and heat it to 375F.
10. Deep fry for 2-3 minutes while turning once to get a golden color. Drain excess oil on paper paper towels.
11. Serve Banana And Ham Fritters with lemon quarters.