- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bamboo Shoots And Spinach Recipe
|Peanut oil/Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely shredded|
|Spinach||1 Pound, trimmed, washed and torn into bite sized pieces|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 328.1 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 212.7% Vitamin C 54.2%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a frying pan or in a wok, heat the oil.
2) Now add the bamboo shoots.
3) Cook, mixing all the while for 2 minutes.
4) Add the spinach and cook further for a minute.
5) Mix in the soy sauce and a little salt.
6) Transfer to a hot serving dish and allow to remain hot.
7) On high heat, reduce the pan juices to 2 or 3 tablespoons.
8) Ladle over the vegetables and serve.