- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bamboo Shoots And Pork Soup Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked lean boneless pork/1 cup pork||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Chicken consomme||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Canned bamboo shoots/Fresh bamboo shoots of same quantity and form||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained, thinly sliced|
|Chopped watercress/Green onion tops of same quantity and form||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 1973.9 mg82.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 34.5% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, stir in butter until melted.
2) Mix in the garlic, coriander, cayenne and soy sauce.
3) Cook, mixing all the while for 2 minutes.
4) Now add the pork.
5) Cook, mixing well all the time, until the pork is browned on all sides.
6) Add the sugar and the consomme.
7) Taste and if needed, add a little salt.
8) Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pork is completely cooked.
9) Now add the bamboo shoots and cook further for 3 more minutes.
10) Take from heat and mix in the watercress.
11) Serve at once when hot.