- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Balti Chicken In A Creamy Lemon Sauce Recipe
|Natural yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Skinless boneless chicken||1 Pound, cut into 2 inch pieces (500 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 , finely diced|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Button mushrooms||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh coriander||8 Tablespoon|
|Greek yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Fresh red chilies||2 , diced (To Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2018 Calories from Fat 1293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g225.6%
Saturated Fat 59.1 g295.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 562.3 mg
Sodium 2700.9 mg112.5%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.5%
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 122 g243.3%
Vitamin A 275.2% Vitamin C 212%
Calcium 65.2% Iron 59.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Pour the spice mixture over the chicken pieces, cover and leave to marinate for about 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a balti pan, karahi or large saucepan, heat the butter with the corn oil and fry the mustard seeds for about 30 seconds. Add the onions and fry for 1 1/2-2 minutes. Lower the heat and add the garlic, ginger, ground coriander, chilli powder, mushrooms, lemon juice, salt and half of the fresh coriander and stir-fry for at least 2 minutes. Stir in the Greek yogurt and cream and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Place the marinated chicken pieces on a heatproof dish and set under a preheated medium grill. Grill for about 7 minutes, basting occasionally and turning at least twice.
5. Drop the chicken pieces into the sauce and cook over a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
6. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve, garnished with the remaining fresh coriander and the diced red chillies.