- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bali's Rye Bread Recipe
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yeast||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rye flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Anise seeds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 501.5 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.8%
Dietary Fiber 20.5 g81.9%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 44.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine yeast with ½ cup lukewarm water. Keep it aside for 10 minutes or until it becomes bubbly.
2) In another bowl, pour the remaining water and stir molasses to it.
3) Use a whisker, to combine rye flour into the molasses mixture.
4) Pour dissolved yeast to flour and thoroughly combine all together.
5) Stir in whole wheat flour to the bowl, as long as you can stir.
6) Use a wooden spoon to beat vigorously for developing gluten.
7) Stir in caraway and anise. Season with salt.
8) Gradually add flour to knead the mixture into dough.
9) Lightly flour your working surface and place the dough to knead for another 10-15 minutes.
10) In a large bowl, oil the interior. Place dough inside it for coating the surface evenly with oil.
11) Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and keep aside in a warm place to double up.
12) When the dough is doubled, punch into it and again keep aside for doubling.
13) Make out 2 loaves from the dough.
14) Use bread pans to grease with oil. Place the dough inside pans and allow to rise some more.
15) Set your oven at 350° and place the loaf pans inside oven.
16) Bake for about 1 to 1.25 hours or until the breads are ready.
17) Allow the breads to cool down, before serving.
18) Serve with your favorite cheese or dip.