- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baklava With Walnuts Recipe Video
|Nuts||1 Pound (Such As Walnuts, Pistachios Or Almonds)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 823 Calories from Fat 590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.6%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 423.8 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 29.1 g
Protein 24 g48.9%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat up the oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Crush the nuts, mix with sugar and the spices.
3. Melt the butter.
4. Layer the phyllo dough in the pan, about three at a time, butter each layer with the melted butter.
5. Sprinkle with the nut mix and keep on layering the dough until you are done with the amount.
6. The top layer of dough should be the thickest , about 6-8 sheets deep.
7. Cut the baklava all the way to the bottom into squares or diamond shapes.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the top and the sides turn into a nice golden color.
9. Add the cold sugar syrup to the baklava and let it stand for some time.
10. Serve at room temperature.