- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baking Powder Biscuits Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1473 Calories from Fat 523
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.1%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g81.8%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 16.9 mg5.6%
Sodium 2227.7 mg92.8%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.1%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 31 g62.6%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 133.5% Iron 74.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly dust a clean rolling surface with flour.
2. Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Make a well, add milk all at once.
5. Stir quickly with fork just till dough follows fork around bowl.
6. Over a lightly floured surface place the dough and knead gently 10 to 12 strokes.
7. Roll or pat dough 1/2 inch thick.
8. Dip biscuit cutter in flour and cut dough straight down without twisting.
9. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 450°for 12 to 15 minutes.
10. Serve the biscuits with beverages or as snacks.