- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Idaho® Potato with Alaskan King Crab & Gouda Recipe Video
|Russet potato||1 (Idaho® russet potato)|
|Gouda cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Heavy cream||1 Ounce|
|Coarse black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Old bay seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh garlic||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, slightly bruised|
|King crab leg meat||8 Ounce|
|Fresh chives||1 Teaspoon, snipped|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||1|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 772 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.2%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 593.7 mg
Sodium 2388.7 mg99.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 67 g133.1%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 52.5% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Wash and score potato; bake until knife easily pierces, 40 to 55 minutes.
3. In mixing bowl, combine Gouda, egg yolks, cream, pepper, Old Bay seasoning, garlic and thyme. Gently fold in crabmeat.
4. Open potato, remove 1⁄4 of potato flesh and reserve for other use.
5. Place crab mixture inside the potato. Place the potatoes in a baking sheet and cover with foil.
6. Bake at 375°F until all cheese melts. Remove cover for 2 minutes to lightly brown potato.
7. Garnish with chives and rosemary and serve.