- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Ham and Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
|Bone in half ham||6 Pound (Fully Cooked)|
|Potatoes||3 Pound, thinly sliced (Pared)|
|Onions||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 932 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.5%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g125.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.5 mg66.2%
Sodium 2999.7 mg125%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.5%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 58 g116.2%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 68.7%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Wipe ham with damp paper towels.
3. Take a shallow roasting pan and place ham on the rack.
4. Bake uncovered for 1-1/4 hours.
5. In large saucepan place potato, onion and 2 teaspoons salt and cover with water.
6. Bring to boiling boil gently 5 minutes until potato is just tender and then drain.
7. In small saucepan melt butter and remove from heat.
8. Stir in flour, 1 teaspoon salt, the pepper and paprika until smooth.
9. Gradually stir in milk, bring to boiling, stirring constantly and boil gently for 3 minutes.
10. Set sauce aside and remove ham from oven.
11. Increase oven temperature to 400F.
12. Mix brown sugar and mustard and pat mixture on ham.
13. Insert meat thermometer in the center of ham, away from bone.
14. In center of 3-quart shallow baking dish or shallow casserole place ham and spoon drained potato mixture around ham.
15. Pour sauce over potato mixture and bake 25 to 30 minutes until meat thermometer registers 130F and sauce is bubbling.
16. Serve with garnish as desired.