- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Haddock, New England Style Recipe
|Haddock||3 1⁄2 Pound, cleaned (Head And Tail Removed)|
|Seasoned salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted crackers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped washed|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 207.2 mg
Sodium 737.7 mg30.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 63 g125.9%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash fish in cold water and pat the fish dry. Use a sharp knife to carefully remove bones, keeping fish joined down back.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Line a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan with foil; butter foil.
4. Sprinkle the inside of the boned fish with 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, dash pepper, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Fold fish lengthwise. Place in prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, dash pepper, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
6. Prepare the topping in a medium bowl, combine crushed crackers, mushrooms, green onions, parsley, seasoned salt, and pepper; mix.
7. Pour on butter and lemon juice; toss until well combined. Spoon over fish in a 3-inch-wide layer.
8. Arrange bacon slices diagonally over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes while basting every 10 minutes with pan juices, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
9. Carefully lift fish to heated serving platter and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.