- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Eggs With Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|American cheese||1⁄4 Pound, grated|
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 471.4 mg
Sodium 295.7 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.22 g0.9%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 29.5% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at (350°F.).
2. In a pan melt butter and blend in flour and seasonings.
3. Add milk and cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
4. Remove from heat and add grated cheese, stirring occasionally until cheese is melted.
5. Butter 4 individual baking dishes and pour 2 tablespoons of sauce into each.
6. Break 2 eggs into each dish and top with remaining sauce.
7. Bake in the moderate preheated oven until eggs are set, about 12 minutes.
8. Serve with garnish as desired.