- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil with Baked Eggs in Ramekin Recipe Video
|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs) (brown or green)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (extra virgin)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro/Parsely||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped (or as required)|
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.1 mg62%
Sodium 79 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.3%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 48.3% Vitamin C 55.2%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF
2) In a saucepan with water, add the lentils and bring to a boil.
3) Then allow to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly soft.
4) Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet or frying pan lighly brushed with olive oil, saute the onion and garlic until softened.
5) Add the bell pepper and saute until softened. Set aside until the lentils are ready.
6) In a small bowl, whisk the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and seasonings to taste.
7) When the lentils are cooked, stir in the olive oil mixture along with the sauteed onion and peppers.
8) Divide the lentil mixture amongst 4 ramekins. Make depression in the center of each and crack an egg into each depression.
9) Cover ramekins with a foil and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the egg whites are just set.
10) Sprinkle the baked eggs with chopped cilantro or parsley and serve warm.