- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Camembert with Fruit Appetizer Recipe Video
|Frozen puff pastry sheet||1 , thawed|
|Pear||1 Large, sliced|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried cranberries||2 Tablespoon|
|Camembert cheese||8 Ounce|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 597 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.8 mg
Sodium 797.4 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl combine the egg and water to create a wash. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
4. Add in the pear slices and brown sugar and sauté until lightly softened, for 5 minutes and stir in dried cranberries.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the fruit mixture to cool slightly.
6. Unfold the pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Roll to about an 11-inch square and cut off the corners to make a circle.
7. Cut the Camembert in half using a sharp knife heated with hot water.
8. Place the lower half of the Camembert in the centre of the pastry sheet and top with half of the pear mixture.
9. Place the top of the Camembert - cut side down - on top of the pears. Top with the remaining fruit mixture.
10. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg mixture fold the two opposite sides over the cheese. Trim the remaining two sides about 2-inches in from the cheese, brush with the egg mixture and fold them over onto the cheese. Press the edges to seal as shown in the video.
11. Place the cheese seam side down on a baking sheet brush with the remaining egg mixture.
12. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
13. Remove the pastry from the oven and let it stand for 15 minutes before serving.
14. Slice the Baked Camembert with Fruit Appetizer and serve with crackers.
If you have extra time, cut decorative leaves from the reserve pastry scraps roll a few tiny pastry balls to make the picture complete. Arrange the leaves and balls decoratively garnish with a little rosemary and brush with more of the egg mixture.