- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Apples With Figs Recipe
|Fig newton cookies||6 , quartered|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Tart apples||6 Large (cored)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 121.2 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 62.8 g
Protein 1 g2.2%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 364.8%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using butter, grease a shallow, buttered 6 x 8-inch baking dish.
2) In a bowl, mix together cookies with orange juice and corn syrup. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
3) Pare the apples 1/4 of the way down and arrange in the baking dish.
4) Spoon the cookie mix into the center of the apples.
5) Add sugar to 1/2 cup of boiling water and stir till the sugar dissolves.
6) Mix in the butter and orange rind and pour over the apples.
7) Place in the oven at 350-degree and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, till the apples are tender.
8) Baste the apples often while baking.
9) Serve hot.