- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Apples and Homemade Whip Cream - Part 2 : Making Recipe Video
|Apple||6 Large, cored and bottom sliced off|
|Organic butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Organic cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Organic pumpkin pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (ginger, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon)|
|Whole cloves/Ground cloves||6|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Water/Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cranberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy organic cream||200 Milliliter|
|Organic sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Organic vanilla||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.8%
Saturated Fat 13 g64.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.8 mg
Sodium 99.8 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 32.6 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Grease a casserole or baking dish with butter.
3. In a baking dish place the apples and give them a dash, each of cardamom, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cloves.
4. Get some cinnamon in the center of the cored apples.
5. Drizzle the lemon juice evenly over the apples.
6. Drizzle them with some maple syrup.
7. Fill in the casserole dish up to ½ inch with water or apple juice.
8. Then fill the cored holes in the apples with raisins, cranberries and walnuts.
9. Plug the cored hole in each apple with a blob of butter.
10. Bake them at about 350 to 375 degrees for an hour or a little more longer, till the skin bursts out completely.
11. Remove from oven and keep basting them every 15 minutes with the juices in the dish.
12. For the whipping cream, pour the cream in a container and start whisking. Whisking it would take a couple of minutes.
13. Next gradually add in the sugar.
14. Then add in the vanilla.
15. Whip till the cream forms stiff peaks.
16. Place an apple in a bowl and top with home made whipped cream and serve.
Instead of the raisins, you can also use orange peel, ginger, canned cherries or cherry consentrate.