- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pineapple Stuffed Baked Apples Recipe
|Baking apples||4 Large|
|Canned unsweetened crushed pineapple||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unsweetened apple juice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1031 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.97%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 52.2 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 268 g89.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.8%
Sugars 237.4 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 62.8%
Calcium 105.6% Iron 108.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel top third of each apple.
3. Remove core but leave bottom intact so the hollow can be filled.
4. Cut a thin slice from bottom, if necessary, so apple stands upright without toppling.
5. Combine honey, pineapple, raisins and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
6. Spoon mixture equally into each apple hollow.
7. Place apples in a baking dish.
8. Sprinkle additional cinnamon over peeled apple surfaces.
9. Surround with apple juice to a depth of about 1/2 inch to prevent scorching.
10. Bake at 350Â°F for about 1 hour.
11. Baste with juice in pan several times during baking to keep moist.
12. When done, apple will be tender, but not mushy.
If not ready after 1 hour, continue to bake.
13. Depending on size and variety, baking time can be as much as 15 minutes longer.
14. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled if desired, garnish with lightly sweetened yogurt or nonfat whipped topping just before serving.