- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Alaska Recipe
|Sponge cake||1 Large|
|Vanilla ice cream||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned peaches||450 Gram|
|Powdered sugar||6 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3170 Calories from Fat 994
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.9%
Saturated Fat 66.4 g332%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 575.6 mg
Sodium 1306 mg54.4%
Total Carbohydrates 498 g166.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.5%
Sugars 425.7 g
Protein 54 g107.3%
Vitamin A 154.2% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 135.3% Iron 34.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Chop the peaches. Keep aside a little of the syrup.
3. Place the cake in a baking dish. Sprinkle a little syrup from the can over the cake. Soak the cake thoroughly.
4. Cover the cake with the fruit.
5. Beat the egg-whites stiffly. Beat in half the powdered sugar gradually and fold in the rest This is a meringue mixture.
6. Cover the fruit with the ice-cream.
7. Cover the ice-cream completely with the meringue mixture.
8. Bake in a very hot oven at 500Â°F. for 3 to 4 minutes.
Variations: Instead of peaches and vanilla ice-cream, you can also use the following combinations:
(a) fresh strawberries and vanilla ice-cream.
(b) fresh mangoes and vanilla ice-cream.
(c) peaches and chocolate ice-cream.
You can further use a combination of two flavours of ice-cream.