- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Zucchini and Sausages Recipe
|Medium zucchini||2 Pound|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Italian sausage||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 869 Calories from Fat 694
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.6%
Saturated Fat 31.9 g159.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 233.6 mg
Sodium 971.8 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 32.8% Vitamin C 44.8%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the zucchini and wash it thoroughly after cutting off the ends.
2) Cut it into ½ inch sized pieces by going in the diagonal direction.
3) Mix the eggs with water and blend properly.
4) Dip each zucchini slice into the egg-water mixture and coat it with bread crumbs.
5) Preheat the oven by setting it at 375°.
6) Take a skillet and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
7) Add a third of the zucchini slices, browning them evenly over low heat.
8) Repeat the procedure by adding the remaining oil and browning rest of the zucchini slices .
9) Take a baking dish of dimensions 13- x 9- x 2 inches and place the zucchini slices on the periphery of the greased dish.
10) Take the skillet and cook the sausage over low heat, turning it frequently until it gets browned evenly.
11) Drain off the extra grease.
12) Place the browned sausage in the center of the baking dish.
13) Take a saucepan and melt butter in it.
14) Sauté the onion over medium heat and add in the flour before removing from the heat.
15) Add the chicken broth to the pan slowly while stirring all the time.
16) Place the pan on heat again and cook stir continuously until the liquid thickens and becomes smooth.
17) Add the cheese and half-and-half. Stir to mix it properly.
18) Pour the sauce over the sausage and zucchini slices in the baking dish.
19) Cover the dish with foil.
20) Bake it by placing it in the pre-heated oven and bake for half an hour.
21) Serve hot.