- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Yellow Squash Boats Recipe
|Yellow squashes||2 Pound (4 Large Sized)|
|Ears of corn||2|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Small, cut into halves, deseeded and chopped|
|Tarragon leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From 2 Slices)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.1 mg
Sodium 593.3 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 35.4% Vitamin C 93.7%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the ends of squashes and discard.
2) Cut the squashes into half lengthwise.
3) Remove the husk and silk from corns.
4) On a cutting board, hold the corn unpright and slice towards down to cut the corn kernels from rows. Corn kernels should measure at least 2 cups.
5) In a large skillet, boil salted water and cook squashes for 10 minutes.
6) Drain them on a paper towel.
7) In the same skillte, saute red pepper and onion with 2 tablespoons butter or margarine until tender.
8) Add tarragon, corn, pepper, salt and water.
9) Cover the skillet and simmer for at least 10 minutes or until corn is soft.
10) With corn, mix beaten egg and bread crumbs.
11) from the boiled squashes, scoop out the seeds.
12) In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, arrange the squash boats and fill them with corn mixture.
13) Brush the squashes with 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine.
14) In a moderate oven at temperature 350°, bake the squashes for 15 minutes or until top is browned.
15) Serve hot squashes as side dish.