- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Veal Chops Risotto Recipe
|Diet margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Lean veal loin chops||6 , trimmed of fat (1 Inch Thick)|
|Rice||6 Tablespoon, uncooked|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, drained reserving liquid (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into 6 slices|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, sliced into 6 strips|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.2 mg
Sodium 520.9 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 99%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven for 350° oven.
2) In a large nonstick skillet melt margarine.
3) Brown the chops in it on both sides.
4) Take the chops from the skillet and transfer into a large baking dish.
5) Place 1 tbsp of uncooked rice over each top.
6) Put some tomatoes, 1 slice of onion, and 1 piece of green pepper.
7) Sprinkle garlic salt, pepper, and oregano.
8) Cover with liquid from tomatoes.
9) Cover baking dish and bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
10) Serve warm.