- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Meatballs (with Spaghetti) Recipe Video
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned diced tomatoes||10 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 can)|
|Spaghetti||1 Pound, cooked, drained|
Calories 692 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 143.3 mg
Sodium 971.6 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 42 g83.4%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 28.1%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 48.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl add the ground turkey, the egg, oregano, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic and bread crumbs. Mix all these ingredients well till combined.
3. Take small portions of the mixture and make medium size balls. Place them in a baking dish.
4. Bake the meatballs in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
5. SAUCE: On medium heat, heat the sauce pan and add olive oil. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and salt. Mix well and let it simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
6. Once the meatballs are baked add them to the sauce, stir to coat them and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes or till the sauce thickens to desired consistency.
7. In a serving plate, serve the meatballs and sauce hot with spaghetti.