- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Trout with Caper and Mushroom Sauce Recipe
|Lemon||1 , rind grated and juiced|
|For the sauce|
|All-purpose flour||1 Ounce|
|Cooked potatoes||2 Pound (For Garnish)|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Margarine||1 Ounce (For Garnish)|
|Salt||To Taste (For Garnish)|
|Pepper||To Taste (For Garnish)|
|Cocktail onions||200 Gram (For Garnish, As Needed)|
Calories 697 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.4%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.9 mg
Sodium 328.3 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.6%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 58 g115.2%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 41.4%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 98.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel and slice mushrooms thin.
2) Clean and dry trout and curve their bodies into -€˜S-€™ shape.
3) Boil potatoes.
4) Take a baking dish and put trouts and coat them with melted margarine.
5) Add mushrooms, capers, grated lemon rind and juice. Cover the dish with a foil.
6) Bake at 350-375 degrees or gas mark 4-5 on the middle shelf for 30-40 minutes.
7) Separate mushroom and capers for later use in sauce.
8) To make sauce, in a saucepan, melt margarine and add flour. Cook until it bubbles.
9) Turn off heat and add milk. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly.
10) Now, add mushroom and capers, fish liquid and heat it.
11) Mash the potatoes, add milk, margarine and season them. Cook until light and fluffy.
12) Serve the baked fish with mushroom and caper sauce. Garnish the dish with cocktail onions and potatoes.