- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Tomatoes with Corn Recipe
|Firm tomatoes||6 Small|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Cooked fresh corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.6 mg
Sodium 578.3 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Cut off the tops from tomatoes and scoop out the pulp carefully. Leave the shells intact.
3) Combine ½ teaspoon of salt, sugar and paprika together. Sprinkle mixture all over the tomato shells.
4) Mix together eggs, corn, 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of butter. Spoon mixture into the tomato shells.
5) Combine the remaining butter and breadcrumbs together and spoon all over the corn mixture.
6) In a shallow baking dish, place the tomatoes and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
7) Serve hot.
The pulp removed can be reserved for use in other recipes.