- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Tomatoes Recipe
|Tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Can (25 oz) (1 No. Size Cans)|
|Toasted bread||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 880.3 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 37.7%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F
2. Butter a casserole dish
3. Drain the juice of the tomatoes into a cup.
4. In the buttered casserole, arrange the toasted bread.
5. Into the drained tomato juice, dissolve sugar and salt.
6. Pour the juice over the bread and allow bread to soak.
7. Arrange the tomatoes on top.
8. Rub butter into breadcrumbs and sprinkle over tomatoes.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until heated through and the crumbs are golden brown.
10. Serve the baked tomatoes straight out of the oven as a side dish.