- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Tomatoes Recipe
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 542 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 52.1%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to hot temperature.
2) Take the tomatoes; wash and slice away the stem ends. Core and remove the pulp from the centers.
3) In a bowl, season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
4) Fill the tomato cores with the breadcrumbs mixture. Keep a small bit of butter on top of each.
5) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
6) In a pan, season the tomato pulp and serve as a sauce.
7)Remove from oven and serve hot.