- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swordfish Provencal Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, slivered|
|Red bell peppers||2 , stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch strips|
|Yellow bell peppers||2 , stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch strips|
|Fennel bulb||1 , tough core removed, slivered|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Herbes de provence||1 Teaspoon (French Dried Herb Blend)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Flat-leaf parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Swordfish steaks/Halibut steaks||48 Ounce (6 Pieces, 8 Ounce Each, Cut 1 Inch Thick)|
|Limes||3 , halved crosswise (For Garnish)|
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.1%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 339.3 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 47 g93.2%
Vitamin A 50.1% Vitamin C 267.8%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a large heavy po, saute the onions, peppers, and fennel in 4 tablespoons of olive oil over a medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
3) Stir in the vinegar and herbes de Provence and cook for another about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft.
4) Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and stir in 2 tablespoons chopped parsley.
5) In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, spoon the vegetables. Place the swordfish over the vegetables, brush them with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until cooked.
7) Garnish with 2 tablespoons parsley and serve immediately with the lime halves.