- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Nutty Sweet Potatoes Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes||3 Pound (Organic, 3-4 Large)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Less If You Prefer)|
|Turbinado sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted unsalted almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Whole Ones)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2504 Calories from Fat 996
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g168.4%
Saturated Fat 32.8 g163.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg54.8%
Sodium 2774.8 mg115.6%
Total Carbohydrates 354 g117.9%
Dietary Fiber 54 g216.2%
Sugars 111.9 g
Protein 49 g98.7%
Vitamin A 3896% Vitamin C 55.7%
Calcium 74.6% Iron 70.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a pan of cold water, ad sweet potatoes. Bring the potatoes to a boil and let it cook till it becomes soft. This will take approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
3. Meanwhile, we will prepare the topping. In a food processor, add half a cup of whole toasted unsalted almonds and a quarter cup of turbinado sugar Churn it till it becomes coarse. Keep it aside.
4. Once sweet potatoes are done, allow it to cool down. Peel and place it in a bowl.
5. Mash sweet potatoes with a whisk.
6. Add heavy cream, nutmeg, salt and freshly ground pepper to it. Mix it well.
7. In a 9” x 9” baking dish, add the sweet potato mixture. No need to butter the baking dish. Just even out the level of the mixture.
8. In a bowl, mix nuts and sugar.
9. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the potatoes mixture.
10. Bake it in an oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until it's warmed through.
11. Serve Baked Nutty Sweet Potato as it is.