- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
|Zucchini||5 Ounce (1 Medium Sized One)|
|Boiling water||1 Quart|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Reduced calorie american pasteurized processed cheese product||2 Ounce, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (Up To 50 Calories Per Ounce)|
|Saltines||3 , made into crumbs (Unsalted)|
|Salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Imitation bacon bits||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.3%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.6 mg40.9%
Sodium 723.2 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 11 g23%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 20.1%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 2-quart saucepan, cook the zucchini in 1 quart boiling water and cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes, until the zucchini is tender.
3) Remove and rinse the zucchini with cold water, halve lengthwise, scoop out the pulp, reserving shells.
4) In a small mixing bowl, finely chop and place the pulp then add the egg, process cheese, cracker crumbs, pepper and salt if desired, mix well.
5) Spoon the mixture evenly into each zucchini shell .
6) In a 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan, place the stuffed zucchini and sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan cheese and bacon bits .
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.