- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Stuffed Peppers Recipe
|Lean beef/Lean veal / lamb||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Canned mushrooms||5 Ounce (1 Can, 4 Or 5 Ounces)|
|Dried onion flakes||7 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.9%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.5 mg42.5%
Sodium 854.6 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 55 g110.5%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 446.6%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 31.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 500°F.
2) Brush the bottom of a baking pan with butter.
3) Slice the peppers, ½ inch form the top.
4) Remove and discard the membranes and seeds, taking care not to cut the shell so as to keep the shells intact.
5) In a saucepan, bring the water to boil with salt and cook the peppers for 5 minutes.
6) Remove the peppers, place it upside down to drain completely.
7) In a bowl, mix together beef or veal, mushrooms, onion flakes, salt, pepper, garlic salt and oregano.
8) Stuff the peppers with mushroom mixture.
9) Place the peppers upside down a baking dish to drain the excess fat while baking.
10) Bake for 40 minutes or until pepper are tender.
11) Serve hot with small mixed salad with tomato sauce on side.